Saturday 22 December 2012

Toddler Friendly Christmas Trees


I was wondering what to do for a Christmas tree this year. With my 1 & 2 year olds, a traditional Christmas tree would be pulled down with in seconds. I know parents who have put their tree inside a play pen so the kids can't get to it. Aside from the space factor, my toddler would pull the play pen across the room.
I was looking on Google for ideas and came across Christmas tree's that were removable stickers. I thought what a great idea and bought the one in the picture above with the circles. It fits perfectly above my cabinet in the lounge room and is a decent size. The cabinet is a perfect place for presents, although I haven't put them there yet as the toddler will drag a chair over, climb up and rip all the presents open.
Last year I bought some willow branches (second picture),they were already painted silver and came with the lights on them. I placed the willow in a vase with small rocks, which held the will in place. A few Christmas decorations looked great and I was able to put it up on top of the table. I got the will branches from one of those cheap two dollar shops.
The third tree picture, is my friends tree. She created the tree out of wood planks and hung lights on it. If you are happy to let go having a traditional tree, there are so many ideas and possibilties of what you can do to create a toddler friendly Christmas tree. All you need to do is think out of the box. It will save you having to guard the tree all the time and repeatedly have to rescue it.


No comments:

Post a Comment