Tuesday 1 May 2012

May 2012 Featured Business - Bots in Tots


Bots in Tots By Katarina Wurzbacher
http://www.botsintots.weebly.com
botsintots@hotmail.com




Tell us a little bit:

- Briefly about the history of your business

Bots in Tots was created in 2002 while I spent 15 years living on remote outback cattle properties. Naturally finding maternity wear was a problem so I gave up looking for cute and comfy maternity items and made them myself.

After the birth of my son, I found shopping in the nearest towns disappointing, there was a limited range of clothes and nursery accessories and they were all mass produced. So once again I decided to make some ‘original’ things for him myself. From then he had stylish, well made items that lasted no matter what kind of mischief he got into!

My next child was a little girl and I absolutely loved branching out into girls clothes and accessories. I could ruffle and frill and dress her in pink to my hearts desire. She had so many clothes she wore a different outfit (complete with matching bloomers and hat) every time we went to town.

Originally I only made clothing, accessories and gifts for my own children and friends in the same situation I was in. But now I would like to share my beautiful and exclusive range of high quality clothing, accessories and nursery items with you!

- What your business offers:

Bots in Tots offers unique and beautiful clothing and nursery items for the whole family. With an original and modern twist to classic styles my baby, children, tween and maternity clothing appeal to modern mums looking for something special for their family. And when I create my gorgeous nursery items including quilts and nursing pillows I focus on beautiful, simple designs created with love to very high standards.
Here at Bots in Tots we believe your family is the most important thing in the world. So let us help you show them off through unique and stylish outfits. Outfits that are vibrant, fashionable and exclusive to them! No more walking down the street and seeing every child in the same style or design and each design can be altered in anyway to suit your needs and desires or have a design created uniquely for you!
- Methods of advertising that you have found useful:
The most useful advertising or marketing tools I have found in the past 10 years has been word of mouth. If you do fantastic work that people love and provide a good service then that is often advertising enough. With the increasing competition in the past 5 years with new and up and coming businesses I have found online sites incomparable for their effectiveness. Facebook and web pages like the Work at home Hub or The Mummy Tree are an invaluable tool when used correctly!
- What inspiring words or advice do you have for other people who wish to start a work at home business?

I live by this quote"The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It's as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer."
- Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari and Chuck E. Cheese's
- Do you have any further comments?

Thank you Work at Home Hub for this wonderful opportunity to share my business! Supporting and promoting other women in business is what we should all be about! So as a work at home mum, I have decided to support & promote other WAHM's with my wedding in November. To this end, our entire wedding is being done by these amazingly talented women! From the invitations, clothes, decorations and photography, even the frilly bloomers on the flower girls! I can't wait for the chance to support those who have supported me!






No comments:

Post a Comment